Wednesday, June 15, 2011

LIVE, Because You Can

I'm pretty much convinced that I live in the best area BYU has to offer, with some of the coolest people on this green earth. I'm not looking forward to Genevieve and Alex moving out this week. It's been such a fun term! Thank goodness I'll still have Nataly and Chelsea, along with all of my incredible neighbors!
It's been hard, being away from my family so soon after losing Risa, but I think it's been good for me. Admittedly, I have my days (well, it's usually nights) when I find myself wondering why I'm here, but I can't deny that this is where the Lord wants me to be, and I've been so blessed since my arrival. I've had the opportunity to meet some pretty amazing people, and I can feel my horizons expanding, my experiences growing, and my understanding of myself and other people stretching. Though I can't say that everything makes sense to me right now, I can say that I feel good about it and I'm ok with being patient. ...Most of the time.
I have my last Final for Spring term tomorrow morning, bright and early, so I really should be studying for that right now. Isn't it amazing how productive you can be when you're avoiding doing what you know you really should be doing? I finally cleaned my room yesterday, re-caulked my shower, put up the rest of the pictures my mother so kindly mailed to me, cleaned out my shelf of the pantry, posted to my blog, and saved all of the package peanuts from the massive box the pictures were mailed in by stuffing them into a huge black garbage bag, and now I'm posting to my blog again! Yay for me! ...But actually, bad for me, because I haven't even cracked open my D&C manual yet. Gargh. It's such a gorgeous day outside, and the pool is calling my name (which is crazy, considering I don't really care for swimming that much, and I'm kind of allergic to chlorine).
Alright, enough of this nonsense! I'm going to study now! For real. This is it. A beautiful day can only be made more beautiful by immersing myself in the Doctrine and Covenants, right? Right! So... here I go! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. You're allergic to chlorine? I think I am too. Maybe we all are.

    P.S. Paul misses his aunt Railee. Blair and I miss you too. Can you tell me when you come home so I can start counting down the days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was, because I used to get rashes and a fever every time I went swimming back home, but it hasn't affected me at all here. Weird, huh? So I've been swimming a lot lately.

    P.S. Baby Paul!!! Tell him that I miss him, too, and I miss you and Blair, of course. I'm flying home on the 12th for a few days, so you can start counting now. I know I am! :)

    ReplyDelete